Advice for bikers riding in southampton
For a lot of people, especially men, a bike is not just another vehicle. It is a passion. It is a dream that you cherished when you first saw that BMW S1000R Sport in your neighborhood. Your first bike, be it a Triumph Thruxton or one from the expensive BMW series, is something that you want to hold on your whole life. However, sometimes you just have to let it go. Be it for any reason, when you sell something that you hold close to your heart, you would like it to end up in a good place. It is always better to find a place to sell your bike that shares your passion about motorbikes, and where you will get the best price for your bike. There are some good places in Southampton where you can sell your bike for its maximum value.
Southampton is a motorbike-friendly place. It has one of the best bike clubs in the entire nation. You will be able to find a lot of biker-friendly meeting places here. If you are a bike enthusiast, you will definitely love Southampton.
Southampton & District Motorcycle Club
Located at Eastleigh (The Cranbury Centre, Cranbury Road, Eastleigh, SO50 5HT), the club was established in the year 1944, towards the end of World War 2. It was founded by a group of Southampton motorcyclists who had served their country during the time of war. The club holds a lot of ride-outs and meetings, and social events. Friday night is club night. From 8 pm till 11 pm, beverages and hot snacks will be served.
Biker friendly meeting places in Southampton
- The Talking Heads – It is located at 320 Portswood Road, Portswood, Southampton. Every Monday, they host the bike night, from 6:30 pm. The best part is that it is a year-around program.
Roads that are good to ride your motorcycle in Southampton, Hampshire
- Southampton Bike Night – Located at Bargate, Southampton, the bike night is held every Thursday, from 6 pm onwards. The place is marshaled by volunteers. A few of the local businesses supports the evenings with promotions.
Following are some of the routes you can take to enjoy your motorcycle road, in and around Southampton.
- Andover to Devizes (A342)
- Basingstoke to Alton (A339)
- Basingstoke to Andover (B3400)
- Beaulieu to New Milton (B3055)
- Bere Regis to Cadnam (A31)
- Burghclere to Winchester (A34)
- Chippenham to Andover (A342)
- Christchurch to Totton (A35)
- Fareham to Alton (A32)
- Grateley to Stockbridge (Old Stockbridge Road)
- Lyndhurst to Beaulieu (B3056)
- Newbury to Andover (A343)
- Odiham to Alton (B3349)
- Petersfield to Chichester (B2146 : B2141)
- Petersfield to Winchester (A272) by Gideon Howe
- Ringwood to Salisbury (A338)
- Romsey to Andover (A3057)
- Romsey to Cholderton (B3084)
- Southampton to Bath (A36)
- Southampton to Salisbury (A36)
- Stockbridge to Winchester (B3049)
- Sutton Scotney to Lands End (A30)
- Sutton Scotney to Salisbury (A30)
- Tadley to Ashe (B3051)
- Winchester to Maresfield (A272)
Following are some of the areas where the speed cameras are located in Southampton, Hampshire.
Biker friendly pubs in Southampton, Hampshire
- A3024 Bitterne Road – The direction of the camera is Southbound. The speed limit is 30 mph.
- Montbatten Way – The direction of the camera is Eastbound. The speed limit is 50 mph.
- Northam Road – The direction of the camera is Westbound. The speed limit is 30 mph.
- Peartree Avenue – The direction of the camera is Southbound. The speed limit is 30 mph.
- Redbridge Causeway – The direction of the camera is Westbound. The speed limit is 50 mph.
- The Avenue – The direction of the camera is North and Southbound. The speed limit is 40 mph.
- A33 West Quay Road – The direction of the camera is Eastbound. The speed limit is 50 mph.
- Maybray / Kingway – The direction of the camera is Northbound. The speed limit is 30 mph.
- The Wyvern Pub – Located in Fleet, The Wyvern Pub is a traditional friendly pub. The bikers get a twenty percent of discount on beverages / foods here. The bike-meet night is Tuesday night. The pub features a great beer garden with a variety of beers, spirits, wines, and ales. The pub is open 7 days a week. It offers free Wi-Fi, and boasts a large parking space.
- The Augustus John – Located at the North-Western edge of The New Forest, The Augustus John is a slightly quirky pub. Its walls are decorated with a mix of motorcycle accessories. It features 2 fireplaces, and a movie screen. The pub serves great food and a choice of beverages.
Southampton has some of the best stores in the nation where you can get all kinds of bike accessories. Most of these stores offer helmets, base layers, hood jeans, Kevlar jeans, motorcycle clothing, hot weather riding solutions, leather jackets, and so on.
If you are not very sentimental about your bike, then you can sell your bike and use that money to buy a new one. The advantage in that is that you can get a new one that has a lot of new features.